How images or videos can be used in ESL class-room/Digital story telling:
- Have you ever imagine how the first well was created? if not think and write?(oral presentation or one can write here)
- Look at the picture and write a story with them.
During: we can do the following activities during the video presentation.
1. Freeze framing and prediction.What would you do if you were in place of the king to solve the problem?
2. Silent viewing activity: Show the video with audio ask them to predict
3. Sound on and vision off activity or Dubbing activity: Ask the students or trainee teachers to listen and draw a picture of what they listen
4. Repetition and role-play (write the conversation)
1. Reproduction activity: Ask the students or trainee teachers to re-tell the story in their own words.2. Conducting discussions.
I would teach a story to my students using videos/captured images with the techniques mentioned above same strategies can also be followed to train teachers during in-service training .It would make the students/teachers listen ,read, write , speak and think to solve the problems during the activity.